Tuesday 17 January 2012

Andy Gilmore

I really love these images, really unusual and i've just found myself mesmerised by them! 

'Gilmore's work is often characterized as kaleidoscopic and hypnotic, though it could just as well be described as visually acoustic, his often complex arrangements referencing the scales and melodies in music.'

I find these really inspiring for the Ministry of Sound brief as I could really see them producing something like this on posters and CD covers. They are quite dark and mysterious which could work as representing the atmosphere in the club. The first image in particular also makes me think of the laser lighting effects you would associate with house and dance music. I like the idea of possibly producing something quite abstract for this although I must remember these need to be typographic based poster. 







No comments:

Post a Comment