Wednesday 25 January 2012

Brief Ideas

Up until now I've only really had three briefs definitely set. I've had thoughts about others but I though it was about time I got myself organised and started planning the rest of these more thoroughly.


Brief 1 - Ministry of Sound
D&AD competition Brief - To create 3 typographic posters for the event Saturday Sessions.
I want to expand this further and produce more promotional material and packaging for CDs of the artists featuring at each 3 nights.

Brief 2 - YCN Graze
Re-fresh the design of the Graze brand including logo, packaging and to create a direct mail marketing campaign.

Brief 3 - Fashion Yearbook
Collaborative brief with Ellis Thynne, Becky Tipping and Kim Sandford to produce the yearbook for the fashion course.

Brief 4 - Cafe/deli branding (creating my own)
The initial idea for this is due to my interest in packaging design for food products with the fact I want to incorporate a branding and identity aspect to it. I want to propose a cafe/deli in which I will create all the branding elements such as the name and logo and apply to the packaging and other elements features inside the cafe such as signage, uniform, business cards, etc.

Brief 5 - Harvey Nichols or Waitrose - wine/olive oil products
When it comes to food packaging in retail my two favourite stores are Waitrose and the food section in Harvey Nichols. I love higher end, contemporary packaging that you wouldn't necessarily see in regular supermarkets and so creating packaging for one of these stores would be my ideal job. (also see post here)

Brief 6 - Fashion Branding (create own)
I'm highly interested in fashion but i've never really used this element in any of my design work. Although the fashion yearbook is an amazing opportunity for this, it is only one publication and I would like to be able to incorporate some element of my other focus areas of design such as packaging and branding into it. I've decided in order to do this I will create my own small fashion brand. (I need to do some more thinking and research but possibly a range t-shirts?) I could propose this to be an online store, create a publication/catalogue for the clothes or even create signage and propose it as a little boutique?


At the moment I will primarily be working on the Ministry of Sound and the Graze brief as if I intend to submit these off for the competitions, both deadlines are in march. (9th for D&AD and 30th for YCN - I also have my M&S brief from the previous module which I need to re-photograph and prepare for submission to YCN)

No comments:

Post a Comment