Friday 24 February 2012

Crit Feedback 23/02/12













Graze:
- I need to keep this a short brief due to the restrictions of having to keep the packaging the same format. 
- Over this next week I will be making a thorough start and becoming more focused on all of my 6 briefs, so I would like graze to be finished by two weeks today (09/03/12).
- Feedback was that the concept works well but must consider stock choices...how could I keep the materials sustainable yet water resistant. A solution to this could be that I propose the plastic graze tubs to be made out of biodegradable plastic. This is something I came across last module, a plastic which biodegrades in compost after a certain amount of time. 
- I need to look back and possibly reconsider my choice of typeface. It was mentioned it had a digital, computerised sort of feel however this could actually be a good thing as Graze is an online, however it doesn't come across as eco-friendly enough. 

D&AD Ministry of Sound:
- If I plan to submit this to D&AD the deadline will also need to be 09/03/12. 
- The brief for the competition is only the 3 typographic poster so I will plan to have this done for the Friday 9th. I'm going to expand this brief further in packaging to fit my interests and focused area of design.
- It was mentioned in the crit to be careful with this brief as MOS is a very well known, popular brand so to make it work i'd need to do something that hasn't already been done yet still ties in with the existing brand.
- Also talked about in the crit was could I incorporate more packaging into this...as it is promotion for the Saturday Sessions night at the MOS club could there be branded drinks bottles etc?

Waitrose:
- No problems with this brief, fits my statement of intent and is appropriate for me. Lorenzo arose the question, is the brief just about the packaging having the visual aspect or could it also be re-useable? This is something i'd like to consider, if I wish my future to be in packaging design, sustainability is something which is becoming more and more important so re-usable packaging might be a good idea to take on with this brief. 

No comments:

Post a Comment